Public Joint-Stock Company "Lutsk Bearing Plant" was founded in 1981. In December 1997 the largest manufacturer of bearings in the world, international industrial corporation AB SKF, Sweden has acquired the majority of LBP share package. Since January 1998 LBP is functioning within SKF Group Company. The factory is the only enterprise in Ukraine manufacturing taper roller and needle roller bearings.
Production range of the factory is in diameter 35 to 320 mm for TRB and 10 to 50 mm for NRB. Besides there are capacities to produce taper and needle rollers, forgings.
High quality of our bearings is confirmed by the Quality Assurance System certified according to EN ISO 9002 by TUV CERT Certification Body of TUV Thuringen e.V. under Reg. No 15 100 0828.
LBP bearings are manufactured of High Quality Hot Rolled Bars and Cold Drawn Bearing Steel Wire 100 CR6 supplied from Italian, Polish, Russian and Ukrainian metallurgical mills.
In order to produce the high quality bearings, the basic raw material received enters into the production process only after careful metallurgical tests. The work begins with determination of the material correspondence in proper equipped laboratories. The engineers examine the physical and chemical properties and durability of various materials. Only after ensuring that the material is of good quality, which guarantees no cracks, the bearings production process begins. Technological processes should support the High Quality of the product.
1. LBP has introduced the special forging and rolling processes which are being used at present by SKF and other world-known companies. This process guarantees high load and long service life of bearings.
2. TRB with higher load capacity endure simultaneously radial and thrust loads.
3. The rings and the rollers are hardened in furnaces with automatic temperature control being recorded at each stage of the heat treatment process.
4. High precision measuring equipments are installed at LBP plant to provide very effective in- and out- processes inspection of all components during the technological process.
5. Lubricants are selected in order to meet customer' manufacturing environment. They prevent metal to metal contact of components. In addition lubricants provide thermoregulation of the heavily loaded areas and prevent oxidation or corrosion of the parts.
Bearings are marked by two methods -electrochemical and using laser markers. In the nearest future we plan to have the marking of all LBP bearings made by laser device.
Bearing are marked in accordance with SKF standard pointing out the country of origin - Ukraine.
Single quantity package
At customers' request LBP bearings can be packed into individual package - cartons -developed according to SKF standards.
For bearings OD ( 100mm (according to SKF standard) we use corrugated board box with a polyethylene bag inside, dimensions 330x220x118 mm and maximal loading capacity of 25 kg. Each bearing in a box is wrapped into paraffined paper.
A box with bearings is covered with the same corrugated paper and two plastic stripes. Boxes are installed in two layers onto the pallet which can accommodate 30 boxes, dimensions 1200x800x140 mm.
Bearings with outside diameter larger than 100 mm are supplied in the boxes to two dimensions: 800x600x338 mm and 800x600x538 mm.
Maximal loading capacity is 270 kg. These boxes are fixed on the pallet with the dimensions 800x600x120 mm by means of metal clamps.
LBP taper roller bearings are mainly used in gear boxes, differentials, wheels, transmission mechanisms of cars, trucks, trailers and agricultural machinery. LBP needle roller bearings are applied in cardan (Hooke's) joints.